Liability Waiver Document
Do it yourself articles
All information contained herein should be independently verified and confirmed. Coby Wheel (Michael LeMon) does not accept any liability for any injury, loss or damage whatsoever caused in reliance upon such information.Reader agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Coby Wheel (Michael LeMon) from and against any damages, cost and expenses, including any legal fees, potentially resulting from the application or use of any of our DIY information provided. This disclaimer applies to any damages or injury caused by any error, omission, or under any other cause of action. Reader agrees to assume all risk resulting from the application of any of the information provided by Coby Wheel (Michael LeMon). By using this web site, including any applets, software and content contained therein, the visitor agrees that the use of this web site and its information is entirely at his/her own risk.
BMW Emergency Brake Boot Removal Guide
BMW boots are glued to a plastic frame which then boot is just clipped into the cars console.
1) Pull up Emergency brake handle.
2) Carefully remove E. Brake boot by squeezing the left and right sides inwards and pulling up the rear edge of boot.
3) Pull boot inside out towards the front of the car and locate and clip the zip tie attaching the boot to the handle remove boot and mounting clip.
4) Now that the E. Brake boot and its mounting clip are out, carefully remove the leather boot from the frame keeping note of where the seams of the original boot are located onto the boot clip. Clean the frame of glue if needed and glue your new boot onto the mounting clip using a good epoxy glue or a good fabric glue like Fabri-Tac which can be found at any Wal-Mart or fabric shop.
5) Then reinstall the boot in same reverse order. When re-attaching new boot onto handle make sure the zip-tie locks into the groove of the E. Brake handle and make sure it fits snug.
Note: You can view, download or print the above information via an Adobe PDF File: BMW Emergency Brake Boot Removal & Installation